3 Signs It's Time to Invest in Commercial Cleaning Equipment
by Adam Henry, on Feb 22, 2021 4:35:00 PM
Sometimes doing things the old-fashioned way is better, like smoking your own meat or making biscuits from scratch using your grandma’s recipe. Those things are wonderful - if you have the time.
In the business world, doing things the old-fashioned way can prevent you from staying competitive. You don’t:
- Manage your budget by adding and subtracting by hand; you use software
- Or ask employees to fill out paper timesheets, you use a timeclock.
Why? Because doing things the old-fashioned way is inefficient and error-prone - just like cleaning your floors with a broom or a mop.
- A walk-behind floor sweeper is 5-7 times more efficient than manual sweeping, and it collects and traps dust better than a broom and dustpan.
- A mop and bucket smear dirt and grime around your facility and only get floors 60 percent clean.
If your business struggles with high labor costs, expensive slip and fall injury claims, or simply wants to improve efficiency and overall quality, an industrial floor cleaning machine is a cost-effective solution. Read on for facts and stats to help you gain buy-in for a commercial cleaning equipment purchase:
Top 3 Reasons to Buy a Commercial Cleaning Machine
#1 Because You Want to Improve Profitability
If you maintain your floors manually (broom and dustpan/mop and bucket), 90 percent of the cost is labor, and it takes a looooooong time. For example:
- On average, an employee with a mop and bucket can clean 4,000-5,000 square feet per hour.
- That same employee can clean almost 3x that amount (13,000 square feet) in the same amount of time with a small autoscrubber.
- Large ride-on floor scrubbers can clean 20x faster (100,000 square feet per hour).
- A walk-behind floor sweeper is 5-7 times more efficient than manual sweeping and, unlike a broom, it won’t kick up dust and debris into the air.
- A commercial cleaning machine can pay for itself in less than a year through reduced labor costs.
#2 Because You Want to Prevent Expensive Slip and Fall Incidents
Slip and fall incidents are all too common in warehouses and distribution centers where workers are often distracted or unable to see debris in their path.
According to the National Floor Safety Institute:
- Hazardous floors are the #1 cause of slip and fall accidents
- Slip and falls are the primary reason for lost workdays
- 22% of slip/fall incidents resulted in more than 31 days away from work
Commercial cleaning equipment is the most efficient way to keep your floors free from dust and debris that can create a slip and fall hazard for employees and visitors.
#3 Because You Care About Your Image and Product Quality
If your application handles food or electronics, the cleanliness of your work environment directly affects product quality and your business image. With manual cleaning, the more you mop or sweep, the more dust and grime gets transferred from one part of your facility to the other — which can compromise product quality.
Autoscrubbers use 100 percent clean water throughout the cleaning process, and floor sweeping machines are designed to trap dust. So ask yourself, would you like your floors to be 60 percent clean or 95 percent clean?
Floor Sweepers and AutoScrubbers for Sale in Georgia and Florida
SST sells walk-behind and ride-on floor cleaning equipment from industry-leader, PowerBoss. We also offer free on-site product demos, so you know exactly what you’re buying.
Many customers start with a walk-behind floor cleaning machine because they typically cost less than ride-on models. This walk-behind floor sweeper from PowerBoss is a powerful but economic option:
If you have a large area to clean, a ride-on model may be the best place to start (especially if you need an autoscrubber or combination sweeper/scrubber). The versatile PowerBoss Nautilus HD with power washer is a best-seller:
Get Cleaner Floors and Save Money - Request a Demo
Unsure whether industrial cleaning equipment is the right option for your operation? Request a free on-site demo. Request specific models, or we can bring a few different options and help you decide which one is the best fit for your business. Our goal is to help you make an informed decision and get a quick return on your investment, not sell you equipment you don’t need.