Toyota Forklifts Are Made in the USA
by Rob Webb, on May 6, 2019 5:00:00 AM
You probably know Toyota makes the world's #1 forklift, did you know that the majority of Toyota forklifts sold in North America are Made in the USA? In Columbus, Indiana, more than 800 associates assemble 30,000+ lift trucks per year.
The World's #1 Forklift is Made in the USAToyota's Industrial Equipment Manufacturing (TIEM) campus in Columbus produces more than 60 different types of lift trucks in addition to other material handling equipment. On-site facilities include: metal fabrication, welding, powder coating, assembly and distribution.
Here are few of the products made in Columbus, IN:
- Toyota's 4-Wheel Electric Forklifts
- The 3-Wheel Electric Forklift
- Internal Combustion Pneumatic Forklifts
- Internal Combustion Cushion Forklifts
- The DC/AC Inverter assembly for the Toyota Tacoma
Here are a few interesting facts about Toyota's Industrial Equipment Manufacturing (TIEM) facility in Columbus:
- The campus is 126 acres with buildings totally 1,015,843 square feet
- More than 500,000 forklifts have rolled off the line since 1990
- Products made in Columbus are sold in more than 13 countries around the world
- Water sent to the water treatment facility is cleaner than required by government standards
- In 2004, Columbus became a zero-landfill manufacturing facility
- There are more than 1500 employees
"Making Things is About Making People"There’s a saying at Toyota, “making things is about making people.” At the Columbus campus, associates and their families enjoy an on-site fitness and wellness center to play games, stay in shape, receive a medical check-up, or have prescriptions filled. Toyota Material Handling USA also gives back to the community through local food drives and donations to the local United Way.
When you buy a Toyota forklift or other Toyota material handling equipment, you not only get a reliable machine, you support American workers and their families.
Let us know how we can support your business. Contact SST online, by phone at (800) 226-2345, or in person at one of our nine locations.
Jacksonville (904) 764-7662
Ocala (352) 840-0030
Orlando (407) 859-3000
Tampa (813) 642-3524
Winter Haven (863) 976-8551
Albany (229) 338-7277
Macon (478) 788-0520
Midland (706) 660-0067
Valdosta (229) 247-8377
Read more about the Toyota Material Handling campus in Indiana
Learn more about the Toyota Production Process (video)